Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A New Year with some new and old resolutions

Another year and I have listed 10 more resolutions. I have struggled to actually resolve any or many of my previous resolutions - I failed all 10 last year - but I continue to believe in their value.

While many celebrate the new year by drinking and/or dining with friends, I usually reflect on the new year and make my list of resolutions. Except this year, I switched it up. I drank and dined with friends. I enjoyed New Years Eve but I felt I missed an opportunity to reflect on a new beginning.

So, here is my reflection and resolution dump. Here goes:

1.) Kick Diet Coke addiction.

2.) Eat healthier - This is a good resolution because it is vague and immeasurable. I have made the mistake in the past to make the goal measurable and it just highlights my failure. So, I resolve to eat healthier - HA!

3.) No new debt - While I certainly also hope to reduce debt, it is most important that I stop the bleeding before I heal the wound.

4.) Maintain a consistent fitness regimen.

5.) Meditate.

6.) Get involved in Franklin County Democratic Party.

7.) Get involved with Unitarian Universalist Church.

8.) Develop long term career strategy.

9.) Avoid wasting time on Facebook.

10.) Meet billable hours - I am an attorney and we have certain minimum hour goals to reach.

It feels somewhat dirty to be purposefully vague in drafting resolutions in order to avoid actually reaching any result. Or, I could look at it as an opportunity to be creative with what I propose to achieve. Anywho, I will work on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment